The company started when Dave the Printer was established by Dave Ormiston in 1945 in a couple of rooms in the rear of a building at 105 E. Boston in Brookfield, Missouri.
Willard Hodges took a printing position with Dave in 1946. In 1951 the property at 110 E. Wood was purchased by Dave and Lucille Ormiston, and the business was moved into the building in the rear portion of the lot on the alley between Brooks and Wood Streets, 1/2 block east of Main St. At the same time Viola Hodges started working as a sales clerk for the office supplies and bookkeeper for the business.
In May 1957, Dave sold the business to Willard and Viola and went to work for the Brookfield radio station KGHM. They retained the name of Dave the Printer for several years. As the printing business continued to be successful, and with the desire to expand the office supplies inventory, they bought a building at 310 N. Main Street (formerly Ridgeway Hardware Store) and moved the business in June 1962. At this time the business was renamed Hodges Printing and Office Supplies. Both the office supplies and printing departments were expanded with the purchase of the building on Main Street.
Gene Techau bought the printing portion of the business in December 1976 and in 1985 his brother Richard joined the business. When the Hodges retired in 1986 after 40 years in the printing business, Gene and Richard took over the business changing the name to North Central Missouri Graphics, Inc.
In February of 1991 the company purchased the buildings at 203 –205 North Main (that at one time held Hope Jewelry and Ridgway’s Market) and remodeled them into one storefront. The business and ownership remained the same until October of 2004 when Richard and his wife Sherry purchased Gene’s stock in the corporation.